STBA Under 15 Tournaments
Be part of the team representing Tasmania at national championships
2019 Australian Under 15 Championships and Val Nesbitt Trophy
This is Australia's newest national event with the first tournament being hosted in 2005. The format is similar to the other national tournaments with a team's competition followed by an individual Under 15 championships. Under 15 Teams from Oceania and BWF Member countries are able to be invited to this national tournament and in 2005, 2006 and 2007 a team from Singapore entered the competition.
Queensland is the host for the 2019 event and it's to be held in Calamvale from the 29th September 2019 to 5th October 2019.
- Competition dates: 29th September to 5th October 2019.
- Venue: Calamvale, Queensland
- Championship information: http://www.badminton.org.au/events/australian-under-15-championships
- The team shall consist of 3 boys and 3 girls.
- To be eligible to an entrant must be under 15 years of age on 31st December 2019.
- Selection trials should they be required will be held in Launceston at the Elphin Sports Centre during the City of Launceston Invitational 1st and 2nd June.
- The team would travel either on the Friday 27th or Saturday 28th (yet to be determined) and return on Sunday 6th. This would be the 1st week of Tasmanian School Holidays.
- Accommodation for 6 players and 3 officials (Coach, Manager and Umpire) will be booked nearby to the badminton stadium.
- Costs for flights, accommodation and team transport will be invoiced out with players also required to contribute to official travel costs of the team officials.
- A meeting will be held after selection trials to provide forms and discuss all available information (parents welcome).
- Nibbles to follow games, drinks available to purchase from the bar.
- 7pm Dinner at local pub, please indicate on entry if you are interested.
- Air Fares $600
- Accommodation $600
- Player Package $200
- Transport in Qld $150
- Meals etc $200
- Contributions for Officials $200
- Uniform if required
- Tracksuit $150
- 2 Shirts/ 2 Shorts $140
- Approximate Total $2,240
It is expected that players will attend maximum of 5 compulsory training sessions which will be held at central venue. Dates will be advised at selection day.Compete in regional tournaments leading up to the Carnival, and recommended that they compete in subsequent regional tournaments. Calendar of events will be available at the time of selections.
Nominations close 5.00pm on Saturday 25th May 2019
A printable version of this information may be downloaded.